[clug] Can anyone suggest some place/shop to buy a laptop?

Daniel Rose drose at nla.gov.au
Wed Nov 7 23:20:42 GMT 2007

Chris Smart wrote:
> Dale Shaw wrote:
>
>> If I was looking for a new notebook, I'd steer well clear of the large
>> retail mobs. Good discount off $RRP or not, they often carry limited
>> or "home" product ranges, have sales staff who couldn't care less if
>> they're selling you a notebook or a hair dryer and their post-sales
>> support is woeful.
>
> I couldn't agree more.
>
> I'd research the kind of laptop you need, then look at suitable models
> from different brands to see which one works out best for the price.

If it helps, choice magazine reviewed 43 models only 2 months ago:

<http://www.choice.com.au/viewArticle.aspx?id=105192&catId=100533&tid=100008&p=1&title=Buying+guide%3a+Laptops>

Also Asus run a laptop line, including a 'Lamborghini' model, I assume to compete with Acer's Ferrari.

http://www.asus.com.au/products1.aspx?l1=5

--
Daniel Rose
National Library of Australia