[clug] Can anyone suggest some place/shop to buy a laptop?

shih bai shih.bai at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 14:46:23 GMT 2007

Hi all,

Sorry if this is far away from the topic of this list. My old laptop was
broken
due to the heavy rain last Sat (heaps of water came in). I am planning to
buy
a new one in Canberra. But I don't know which shop is good (etc. price,
choices).

I ran Gentoo on my old laptop and hope that the new one is compatible as
well.
The price range I can afford is up to 1600, but no more than that. Can some
one
give me some suggestions on the shops, as well as the laptop itself? I list
some
of my expectations for the new one.

*CPU: sometimes I use it to do some computational stuff, so better if the
cache is larger.

*Memory: Doesn't matter now. It's expensive in Aus. I can update it when
I come
 back to my home country.

*Monitor: I prefer as least 15.4 as i am nearsighted.

*Graphic Card: Doesn't matter.

*Harddrive: >120G is ok for me.

*Warantty: 1 or 2 year is OK and better to have a service outlet
in Canberra.

Thanks!
Shi