[clug] LVM recovery -- Canberra LUG a last resort!

Adam Thomas adam.lloyd at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 22:30:50 GMT 2007

Hi Daniel,

Have you tried any of the disk recovery tools? I've had good
experience with TestDisk[0]. Your problem looks more complex than mine
was but TestDisk has support for LVM and Linux RAID MD so it's
probably worth a try.

Are you able to 'dd' the disk into an image backup? That way you still
have recovery options if you completely mangle the copy of the data.

HTH

Adam.

[0] http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk