[clug] how to set up xorg.conf for DVI overscan

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Sat Nov 3 02:46:14 GMT 2007

The solution, as I found elsewhere, is to define the scaling to 'nvidia':

Section "Monitor"
	Modeline "720p60" 63.75  1192 1328 1360 1440  672 723 728 741 +hsync -vsync

Section "Screen"
	Option	"FlatPanelProperties" "Scaling = Centered"
	SubSection "Display"
		Modes	"720p60"

This will put my 1192x672 screen in the center of the 1280x720 panel
instead of stretching it to the panel's size.

The 'nv' driver defined the scaling with a different option:
	Option	"FPScale" "no"

cheers

--
Eyal Lebedinsky	(eyal at eyal.emu.id.au)