[clug] Compiz- fusion

Pilcher, Fred Fred.Pilcher at act.gov.au
Thu Nov 1 05:16:05 GMT 2007

Fredd asked:
> I was wondering if anybody had managed to get a different
> background(wallpaper)  on each side of the cube on compiz/beryl?
> Have tried google and the forums but no luck.
> I am sure some of the tweakers amongst you have tried this.

I haven't tried, but for some reason since I upgraded to Kubuntu
Goatse^H^H^H^H^H^H Gutsy on my HP laptop I can't get any more than two
faces. Further, however many desktops I set, twice that number appear in
the kicker - if I set 2, I see 4; if I set 4 I see 8, but whatever the
number, Compiz's "cube" only has two sides. Weird, though certainly not
life-threatening - overall I'm very happy with Gutsy. The only thing it
didn't do was to automatically replace Beryl with Compiz-fusion, which I
had to install manually (no big deal).

The upgrade worked flawlessly, though it was a download of around 1GB
and everything (with the exception of the above minor issue) works well.
I'm getting used to Dolphin and quite like it.

I did a fresh Kubuntu Gutse installation from CD on another PC and it,
too, worked flawlessly. It's an old clunker without accelleration, so no
eye candy.

Fred
(with one d)
;-)