[clug] Higher level CGI frameworks?

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Thu May 24 23:59:18 GMT 2007

On 24 Apr 2007, at 19:32, Michael James wrote:

> On a LAMPerl, LAMPython, or LAMJava platform
>  what is a better web app development framework than CGI?

I know it's a month late (stuff sits in my mailbox for a long time
these days), I'd suggest Ruby on Rails. It's based on MVC, and the
framework was extracted from working systems, rather than being over-
designed ahead of need like Java, and Ruby is really object-oriented
as opposed to Java which is object-oriented except when it's not.

And you get to read about cartoon foxes and chunky bacon!

Alex