[CLUG] May Canberra Linux Users Group meeting

Robert Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Wed May 23 23:43:11 GMT 2007

Hi all,

I am pretty keen not to use the upstairs Staff room for CLUG meetings
anymore (as some of you may have guessed). Some reasons are:
  - it splits the group,
  - it requires two "ANU" people: one upstairs, one downstairs,
  - requires cleaning (removing rubbish) upstairs and downstairs
  - all sorts of problems with getting through the security doors
  - sometimes speakers gear needs to be moved upstairs and down again
  - etc. etc.

If people do want to move somewhere else to chat, there are a couple
of tutorial rooms and a small meeting room nearby to the seminar room,
but, again, I am concerned not to "split" the group. So, I would
recommend either: a) sticking with the current formula of announcements
and then informal chatting after the main presentations, or b) we have
yet another regular meeting with a less technical, more chatty focus.

Personally, I am keen to have regular talks with a bit of a technical
focus, followed by informal chatting time, with this list serving the
role of gathering together the wider Linux community in the Canberra
region. But maybe I am getting out of touch with the broader needs of
the local Linux users...

I am also keen to hear talks from many other people in the group - I
know many of you are doing really interesting things with this great
open source O/S we are all "playing" with.

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.