[CLUG] May Canberra Linux Users Group meeting

Christopher Zhang u4123459 at anu.edu.au
Tue May 22 12:04:22 GMT 2007

 From my perspective,

One of reasons I think is important is that even though the talks at
CLUG can be hard to follow and difficult to understand(obviously not
so much to many others), it does provide me a great opportunity to
expose myself to new technologies.

These technologies may or may not be the ones that interest you at
the moment, or are going to benefit you straight away, however they
might have some impact on you over time.

First of all, if you are constantly, actively looking for what's
coming out at the cutting edge, it makes you ahead in the field.

Secondly, by following the meetings, you can broaden the areas you
are exposed to. I think it is wise to have very broad knowledge, at
the same time focus on what you do well.

That's not to say you should not go upstairs anyway.

Cheers

Chris