[clug] Anyone want to give a talk for this week's CLUG meeting?

Simon Pascal Klein 4pascal at tpg.com.au
Mon May 21 15:42:03 GMT 2007

On Mon, 2007-05-21 at 08:00 +1000, Chris Zhang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Currently there is no talk scheduled for this week's CLUG meeting.
>
> If you'd like to give a talk at this week's meeting, or a future meeting,
> please drop me a line.
>
> regards
>
> Chris Zhang

I'm wondering whether we could hold an open discussion session re events
and clug. With the recent events going on (LA at CeBIT, SLUG's BootCamp,
the BarCamps, ...) and some interest displayed over the CLUG list and
generally within the community I think it might be time and useful to
dedicate a good hour to discussing some of the things clug or a group of
cluggers might or might not want to do.

Also there was some interest in a Canberra FOSS media group. Discussing
that and perhaps organising a first meeting (Pancake Parlour!, 1st Thurs
of every month?) would rock.

So we've got:
 - BootCamp
 - BarCamp Canberra
 - Canberra Open Media Group(?)
 - Software Freedom Day(!)
 - ...? :)

# SLUG BootCamp
Linux Australia had a stand at CeBIT which was so successful that SLUG
decided to host a BootCamp -- essentially an introduction day to
GNU/Linux (the free desktop, not the kernel) and free software. I
attended that over the weekend and it went beautifully. We had a total
of about 90 people show up.

I posted some thoughts re the BootCamp:
http://klepas.org/2007/05/21/slug-bootcamp-may-2007/

I noted there was some interest in perhaps hosting a CLUG BootCamp. Also
BarCamp Canberra really needs to happen and having a chat about each of
these not in segregated small groups but as a whole would really be
helpful in getting stuff done?

Just some thoughts. :)

-Pascal