Fwd: Re: [clug] FOSS patent infringements

Simon Pascal Klein 4pascal at tpg.com.au
Wed May 16 07:50:26 GMT 2007

Microsoft has nothing to gain from patent lawsuits as they are too
expensive whilst it is exceedingly difficult to prove which programmer
wrote which infringing feature and ultimately I doubt there are many
hackers in the foss community that have several million dollars stashed
away somewhere awaiting Microsoft lawsuits.

Simply MS, other than frightening us and reminding the consumer world
that they own they still have a good grip on the software landscape, is
in their own interest not to actually follow these threats of possible
lawsuits.

-Pascal