[clug] Starting k/ubuntu - Debian

Michael Cohen michael.cohen at netspeed.com.au
Mon May 14 06:37:02 GMT 2007

Algis,
  You might want to enable port knocking just to hide the ssh port. Keeps all
  the script kiddies out, with a minimal hassle for you.

  You never know when a zero day becomes available for openssh

  Most home routers use either iptables (running linux) or vxworks. The ones
  that use iptables are just the same as any other linux firewall in terms of
  security. The vxworks ones come out with a few vulnerabilities occasionally,
  but generally in a nat setup they dont really make a huge impact (unless you
  use IRC - There was a nice IRC vxworks vuln a while ago).

  Michael.