[clug] IPTables question

Michael Cohen michael.cohen at netspeed.com.au
Sat May 12 12:40:11 GMT 2007

On Sat, May 12, 2007 at 01:42:21PM +0200, Kim Holburn wrote:
> I used net-acct for that.  It's a separate package but gives similar
> info to netflows although there are lots of ways of configuring
> netflow information.  net-acct or nacct on debian.

Thanks Kim,
  That does a lot of what I need - except that it does not seem to record
  duration of each connection (i.e. the time between the first packet in the
  connection and the last packet considered for that connection). This is
  important to me in order to establish how long users were logged in over ssh
  from the gateway perspective for example.

  I might have a quick jab at the source - should not be that hard to fix.

  Thanks,

  Michael.