[clug] Hardware in Canberra (or good mail-order)

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 23:58:54 GMT 2007

Hi all,

Having just shifted to Canberra I am wondering if anyone has any
pointers for good hardware vendors either in canberra (or with good
mail-order service) for "linux" hardware.

Typically I run debian/ubuntu and need a raid server with about 1TB
and can grow to 7-8TB. Usually I have built these in the past using
the following sort of spec:

   Intel based MB with dual dual core xenons (supermicro or Intel)
   Chenbro RM414 case (SATA II backplanes redundant PS)
   Areca 1160 or 1170 RAID card.

The rest is very much commodity stuff once you fill the 414 with 16
750/500G Seagates but am having trouble funding suppliers for this
sort of gear.

Thanks

--
Andrew Janke   (a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)
Canberra->Australia    +61 (402) 700 883