[clug] Re: Debian package

Ian darkstarsword at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 15:32:08 GMT 2007

<snip>
> > O.K.  The file I downloaded and wish to install is
> > "K9copy_1.1.0~Beta2-0ubuntu1_i386.deb" which now resides in my Desktop
> > folder and named as stated.
I just looked in the repository, to install this with apt-get as I
said before you will need to add the multiverse repository.
/me tries to recall the easiest way to do this using only what's
available in the base Kubuntu install...
K Menu->System->Adept Manager Manage Packages...
Adept menu->Manage Repositories
Double click each non grey entry under components and add multiverse
to the end. (Mine all look like "main restricted universe
multiverse").
Alternatively use your favourite editor to do the same by modifying
/etc/apt/sources.list.
Either way you should execute "sudo apt-get update" immediately after
changing this file before you attempt to install anything as I
outlined in the last email.

--
On the day *I* go to work for Microsoft, faint oinking sounds will be
heard from far overhead, the moon will not merely turn blue but