[clug] PC Forensics / Fun

Mike Carden mike.carden at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 10:51:17 GMT 2007

On 3/29/07, Matt Smith <Matt at coolchilli.com> wrote:

> I assume that prior to being released, either the govt's IT departments
> or DOLA would run some HDD cleaning programs over them, but I wonder
> "just how good" they are.

You appear to have mixed up 'would' and 'should'.

I'll be *very*surprised if there isn't some trivially readable data there.

I'll be even more surprised if it's of any interest or use whatsoever.
Most government PCs are used by people who know very little about
computers doing very, very boring things. Prepare to be stunned by the
dull and predictable nature of whatever you find.

Have fun though.

--
MC