[clug] Laptop probs

Kim Holburn kim.holburn at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 14:45:11 GMT 2007

I just had a nasty experience trying to get an HP notebook working on
wireless.  At a friend's place and I didn't bring my laptop or any
diagnostics and his laptop was running .... you guessed it a very
common operating system with almost no diagnostics ;-(

Nothing was happening and I was about to take the AP back to the shop
when we discovered a little switch on the front edge of the laptop
which said "wireless".  When we switched it on the wireless worked!!

I actually think having a hardware wireless switch is a very good
idea when running insecure operating systems, none-the-less is was a
very exasperating experience.