[clug] Broadcast wav format

Mike Carden mike.carden at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 06:05:53 GMT 2007

Apologies for a slightly off topic question here, but this is the
easiest way I know to tap into a large brains trust. :-)

Has anyone encountered any software capable of encoding audio in the
broadcast wav format (BWF) at more than 16 bits per sample?

I have some BWF samples encoded at 96kHz 24 bits per sample via a
popular commercial encoder and it appears to be doing the wrong thing
when encoding the headers. I'd like to find an alternative encoder for
comparison but so far I haven't found anything that makes BWF files.

It should go without saying that my preference is for something that
is happy on Linux, but I won't spurn something that works on Win or
Mac if I have to use it for this one thing.

Any ideas?

Ta,
MC