[clug] What can't be distributed with Linux?

Craig Small csmall at enc.com.au
Thu Mar 22 05:56:08 GMT 2007

On Thu, Mar 22, 2007 at 03:17:43PM +1100, Brett Worth wrote:
> Does anyone know why "bc" insists on spelling out its license when
> used interactively?   It's always looked unusual to me.
>
> I guess VIM does it too when run without a filename.

It's the recommended behaviour for interactive programs that are
licensed under the GPL, have a look at the "How to Apply These Terms to
Your New Programs" bit under the actual GPL license.

Most people just put it in the version option, eg -V or --version

  - Craig
--
Craig Small      GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
http://www.enc.com.au/                             csmall at : enc.com.au