[clug] Calculating the actual date and time

Basil Chupin blchupin at tpg.com.au
Wed Mar 14 11:59:49 GMT 2007

I am using Mozilla and looking inside the bookmarks.html I can see, for
example, an entry against one of the URLs I visited as being
"LAST_ACCESSED: 1168396306", and another one "ADD_DATE: 791585666"
(which I gather is the date I added it to my bookmarks).

I am assuming that the numbers somehow relate to the starting date
decided upon many years ago as the starting point from which dates/time
will be calculated on computers.

Does anyone know of the/a formula which will calculate for me the 'real'
date and time of the above (large) numbers, or at least point me in the
right direction where I could find such a formula? I did some searching
on the web but came up with nothing - most likely because I wasn't using
the right parameters in the searches.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

--
Never believe anything until it's been officially denied.