[clug] MtM - content update

Chris Smart chris at kororaa.org
Wed Mar 14 00:29:36 GMT 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-14 at 09:23 +1100, Robert Edwards wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> Looking better all the time. At the point now where heaps of work
> only yields minor improvements (but still worth doing - if you have
> the time).
Well time I have atm while I am not working ;)

> The page "What about my data?" is assuming possibly a bit more jargon
> awareness than some other pages. eg. "Companies which create their own
> closed source formats..." makes sense to me, 'cause I know what you
> are about to say, but other people I know would sort of not have a
> clue what you are talking about here (eg. are you talking about disk
> formats? that is about the only regular use of the word "format" in
> most peoples IT vocab).
Yeah, good point. Remembering that the site is designed to be read in
order (follow the yellow brick road, follow the yellow brick road) I
think I explain all about data formats in the previous sections.. but
maybe I don't. I'll check it out. Thanks for pointing that out!

> I guess I need to point some of these friends at the site and see
> what they come up with :-)\
Yes please ;) That would be great.

Cheers,
Chris