[clug] MtM - content update

Chris Smart chris at kororaa.org
Tue Mar 13 21:45:23 GMT 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-13 at 23:23 +1100, David Tulloh wrote:
> > [snip]
>
> The standard liquid design has several fixed sized elements with a
> dynamically sized element.
> I've blocked out a typical liquid design below, each block would be a
> div.
Thanks Dave, that makes sense :) I guess we almost have that, might need
some tweaking.

Thanks too Ben, I have used plone to build a few websites in the past, I
might have a play with it myself again sometime in the future. I'd hate
for you to do a bunch of work and have me not use it after all that.

Sunnz, thanks for the tip. We had problems with the boxes and re-sizing.
I had to set a fixed width, which I think is 950px, to stop the text
from wrapping. If the text wraps in a few boxes, they enlarge but the
rest don't and the result is not good. Also couldn't get the boxes to
resize down nicely on large resolutions, hence the icons at the bottom
to take up white space ;)

It is hard also to code for font sizes. On a computer where they have a
larger font set in their browser, the text flows out of the intro and we
have the same problem as above.

The site was originally a prototype design which we used to put into
production, and always intended to do a re-write, once we knew all the
issues and how we wanted the site to look.

When and if I can get around to that, I'll take everyone's advice on
board and try to make the site more 'liquid' :)

Cheers!
Chris