[clug] Ubuntu at ANU halls and colleges

Ian darkstarsword at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 02:49:11 GMT 2007

Bob,
I'm also in Fenner Hall. ra0 was working when I updated my laptop last
week. At the moment I can ping it (150.203.164.9), but just get a
connection refused when I try to connect to it on port 3128. I also
just tried SSHing into tridge and connecting from there with the same
result, though I don't know whether that is normal from tridge.

Cheers,
-Ian

On 12/03/07, Robert Edwards <bob at cs.anu.edu.au> wrote:
> Robin Shannon wrote:
> > I used ubuntu at fenner hall all of last year and because download is
> > so expensive I put Acquire::http::Proxy "http://ra0.anu.edu.au:3128/";
> > in my apt.conf so that it would use the free anu mirror instead. This
> > seems to have stopped working this year. Also now other .edu.au
> > domains no longer seem to be free so I can't point sources.list to the
> > uwa mirror. Does anyone else know of anyway of downloading from the
> > ubuntu repos on the ANU network that it is free (as in beer since it
> > is already free as in speech)?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > -rjs.
> >

> Not sure why "ra0" wouldn't be working for Fenner Hall. What is the IP
> address you get there?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Bob Edwards.
> --

On the day *I* go to work for Microsoft, faint oinking sounds will be
heard from far overhead, the moon will not merely turn blue but
develop polkadots, and hell will freeze over so solid the brimstone
will go superconductive.
     -- Erik Raymond, 2005
--
Hi! I'm your friendly neighbourhood signature virus.
Copy me to your signature file and help me spread!