[clug] Recommendations for webcam setup.

Randall Crook rcrook at vtown.com.au
Mon Mar 12 10:28:05 GMT 2007

Hi,

I have a logitech Quickcam experess. It works better on linux via
kopete (Yahoo protocol) than it does on windows. But that is in image
quality only... Quite franky even under windows the only package I have
seen that streams fast enough for sign that I have used is skype.
Unfortunately skype for linux doesnt support the webcam yet.

Maybe someone else on the list may have used something else that
has a decent streaming rate, but as of now, I have not seen anything
that would be usefull for something like sign.

Anyone?

Regards

Randall Crook.