[clug] Ubuntu at ANU halls and colleges

Robin Shannon robin at shannon.id.au
Sun Mar 11 02:05:37 GMT 2007

I used ubuntu at fenner hall all of last year and because download is
so expensive I put Acquire::http::Proxy "http://ra0.anu.edu.au:3128/";
in my apt.conf so that it would use the free anu mirror instead. This
seems to have stopped working this year. Also now other .edu.au
domains no longer seem to be free so I can't point sources.list to the
uwa mirror. Does anyone else know of anyway of downloading from the
ubuntu repos on the ANU network that it is free (as in beer since it
is already free as in speech)?

Thanks,
-rjs.

--