[clug] Crash with flashing keyboard lights

David Tulloh david at tulloh.id.au
Sat Mar 10 04:27:14 GMT 2007

Hi,

The other night I was formatting a partition on a USB drive using
/sbin/mkfs.ext3
Towards the end of the process the computer hung and my caps lock and
scroll lock keyboards lights started flashing.

Rebooting fixed everything up, though there seemed to be an unusually
high number of hard drive transactions replayed.
I then did the exact same command again and it all worked perfectly.

The logs show nothing unusual.

Does anyone have any ideas what may have caused this?

I'm not too worried as this is the first time it's happened and there's
no damage caused.  I am a bit curious as to what it was though.

David