[clug] Re: cfdisk

Rodney Peters rodneyp at pcug.org.au
Wed Jun 27 12:49:36 GMT 2007

Al,

The "subtle" way is called hacking.  Partitions on large disks are allocated
in increments of about 7.8 MB.  So guess the size in MB then change units
display to sectors.  If the number of sectors in the "new" partition does not
match that of the lost partition then "delete" the "new" partition and try
again with an amended number of MB.

cfdisk & parted may define "MB" differently.  Try to use what was originally
used to partition the disk.

Rod