[clug] Debconf or dpkg problem

Mike Carden mike.carden at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 03:41:12 GMT 2007

Thanks Tony.

I'm starting to see that there's a necessary tension between having
packages that ask a bazillion trivial questions on install and having
packages that install quietly but just don't work when you install
them.

Looks like the Ubuntu and Debian boxes that I'd tried had their
debconf priority set to High out of the box. I guess I can try it at
Medium or Low and see how intrusive it becomes during upgrades.

It looks like the default behavior of dpkg-reconfigure has adequate
priority for my purposes, but I'm hoping to avoid jumping through that
hoop after each installation.

Cheers,

MC