[clug] kopete/MSN

Jason j.lee.nielsen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 08:52:39 GMT 2007

It would be interesting to know when this clause entered their policy, and what it means to Joe Blogs user.

For instance I still use the same account I have had since pure 2000, no idea when I got it, sometime I high school I think so I was probably a minor and not bound to the agreement at the time. I don't even have the email address anymore that I use to logon. Does my use of gaim violate their rules some how and with a fairly open unencrypted text based protocol like Ive been told msn uses, how much say do they actually legally have over what end client people use.

I wonder what restrictions I never read for the yahoo, icq and gmail protocols I also use through the same gaim client (still called gaim in this release of Ubuntu). In the case of the yahoo one I would be surprised if I ever explicitly signed on as a yahoo chat user so it would have had to have been in the original geocities use agreement that I agreed to (once again as a minor) before yahoo brought them out and moved everyones accounts over.

Jason