[clug] Linux and USB-TV-Tuner

Ian Perry nightweaver at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 10:05:29 GMT 2007

On 6/12/07, Rainer Klein <rklein at tpg.com.au> wrote:

> For those of us interested in using TV tuner under Linux, I found a link
> this side on today's SuSE mailing list.
>
>         http://digitalnow.com.au/product_pages/tinyusb2.html
>
> It suppose to be one of the best supported USB based tuner?
>
> Regards,
> Rainer
> --

I have one, and can verify it works under Linux. Has a closed-source
firmware that needs to be loaded, but is supported out-of-the-box by recent
kernels.

(Working under Gentoo on my x86 desktop, and an up-to-date Ubuntu Feisty on
my PS3.)

You may also be interested to note that the seller is an ACT local - I
picked up my tuner from him directly in O'Malley (paid cash) and got the
postage cost discounted.