[clug] ACT Network Facilities Tax. [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Tue Jul 31 02:34:55 GMT 2007

On 30/07/2007, at 17:54 , Roppola, Antti - BRS wrote:

> From the Bill:
>> The owner of a network facility on land in the ACT is liable to pay
>> tax in relation to the facility at the rate worked out as follows:
>>             determined rate  x  route length
>
> I'd say my route is a 2m patch lead to Telstra's network facility
> (POTS
> copper pair).

Or even better, the definition of "network facility" from the bill is:
> A "network facility" means any part of the infrastructure of a
> utility network.
  -- UTILITIES (NETWORK FACILITIES TAX) ACT 2006 - SECT 6

I expect this is the ACT Government's way of opening up the territory
for competition in the powerline and telecommunications
infrastructure networks.

Like we need more ugly wires in the street =(

Alex