[clug] using an ipod under linux...

Nathan O'Sullivan nathan at mammoth.com.au
Fri Jul 27 02:24:18 GMT 2007

I use amarok on my Ubuntu Gnome desktop and am pretty happy with it; to
me its clearly better than rhythmbox.

In 'Removable Drives and Media Preferences' I set portable media player
command to amarok. With this I plug in iPod and amarok opens.I then just
find the new MP3s I want to put on iPod, drag it onto the 'Devices'
button on the left-hand vertical strip. Can then click on Devices and
hit Transfer, which is about as foolproof as I need.

That said, I have a HDD based iPod so I basically never delete from iPod
so I cant say if its easy or not.

Regards
Nathan