[clug] Fwd: [NoOOXML-club] OOXML forum in Australia: book now!

Sunnz sunnzy at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 13:44:43 GMT 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Benjamin Henrion <bh at udev.org>
Date: 2007/7/24 下午 11:30
Subject: [NoOOXML-club] OOXML forum in Australia: book now!
To: NoOOXML CLub <noooxml-club at ffii.org>

Just saw that on Groklaw post:

http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20070723235113424#comments

Standards Australia will host a Forum on the proposed Draft International
Standard ISO/IEC 29500, Information technology -
Office Open XML file formats standard.

This Forum is limited to 30 persons and seats will be reserved on a first
reserved basis - please reserve by email to:
<michael.langdon AT standards.org.au>.

The Forum will run from 10am-1pm. The Forum's main aim is to determine an
Australian national standards body consensus position on this Draft
International Standard and then lodge that position and vote with the
International Standards Organization (ISO).

Venue: Standards Australia Meeting room 1, Level 10, 20 Bridge Street, Sydney.
10am Thursday 9 August 2007

[From an email circulated to Information Policy staff in our (state Gov't)
department.]

FWIW: There's nothing listed on Standard Australia's Forum page
<http://www.standards.org.au/forum.asp> despite being an organiser of the
event.

I'll leave it to others to make comments about the method of selecting
attendees, but it's rather casual approach.

cheers,
Charles from Oz.
--
Benjamin Henrion <bhenrion at ffii.org>
FFII Brussels - +32-484-566109 - +32-2-4148403

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0