[clug] Fwd: Help us fight OOXML in Australia [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Paul Wayper paul.wayper at anu.edu.au
Fri Jul 20 02:07:07 GMT 2007

Roppola, Antti - BRS wrote:
> Well that was a bit confusingly famliar. Open Office XML? No, it's
> Office Open XML.
>
> Talk about the People's Front of Judea...
>
> BTW, this sort of naming would be a great way to dilute the Open Office
> brand.
>
> Antti
> (now optimistically occupied by opportunities for an offially
> operational object oriented Open Office Office Open XML (OOOOOXML)
> option)
I must have replied to Sunnz directly; here it is to the list...

BTW, mad props to David Tulloh for getting the first comment in on the
MS page mentioned in the original post, pointing out just one of the
many flaws in the OOXML standard proposal.  And, apart from the one
MS-centric post (which has the wonderfully naive sentence "I'm sure
there are differences in the legalese wording, but I'm a developer,
thats not my problem."), every comment on that page before they shut
commenting down was anti-OOXML in some form.

Good work, open source community!

Have fun,

Paul