[clug] Cheap Linux based routers

Alastair D'Silva alastair at newmillennium.net.au
Tue Jul 17 05:43:56 GMT 2007

Hi folks,

I'll be ordering some Edimax Linux based routers shortly for hacking
around on (I want to replace my existing X10 home automation garbage
with something ethernet based). They have 2MB of flash, and 16MB of RAM,
as well as 12 easily accessible GPIO lines (plus another 7 which require
you to cut some pins on the CPU).

They run the MIPS port of Linux, and the hardware is documented here:
http://www.linux-mips.org/wiki/BR6104

There are 2 versions, the BR6104K, and the BR6104KP (which has 2 USB
ports). For CLUG members, the BR6104K is $48, and the BR6104KP is $64.

I'll place the order on Monday, so if anyone wants one, please let me
know before then.

--
Alastair D'Silva             mob: 0423 762 819
Networking Consultant        fax: 0413 181 661