[clug] [Offtopic] Mobile Phone without Camera

Andrew Boyd facibus at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 01:03:22 GMT 2007

On 6/30/07, Karun Dambiec <kdambiec at ieee.org> wrote:
> I did look at that series, however with my recent experience of Nokia
> N70 phone that I have, unfortunately with a camera.
> I don't think I will get a nokia phone again.
>
> Karun

I've got a Nokia e61 and love it - I was looking for something with a
QWERTY keyboard that had expandable memory and no camera, was lighter
than a Treo 650, had an OS that was usefully extendable and had a
MobiPocket client, was on 3G - the e61 was the best available in
October last year. I would probably swap it for a Treo 750 now that
I've internally resolved my "must have no camera" thing. Despite being
a BlackBerry, the Pearl works well and might be my second choice.

It probably depends on intended use - this is one of those "these are
my must haves, these are my nice to haves" situations where a topic
map could be used to choose the phone - a bit like the car finder
widgets on drive.com.au

Cheers, Andrew

---
Andrew Boyd