[Fwd: Re: [clug] Codec colour mangling (esp. with MythTV)]

Tony and Robyn Lewis beakysnugger at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jan 25 02:26:57 GMT 2007

Michael Still wrote:
> Tony and Robyn Lewis wrote:
>

>> I'm rolling back to the default 0.18 that comes with dapper.

Which didn't help.

> My spies tell me...
>
> "uncomment the line //#define USE_ATI_PROPRIETARY_DRIVER_XVIDEO_HACK
> in mythtv/libs/libmythtv/videoout_xv.cpp"

Ick! Compile from source?

Will give it a go, maybe over the weekend.

My spies (err, Google) now are hinting that it's the "chroma planes"
that are switched.  This is an issue at the card level (i.e. at time of
receiving the signal) and to me smells of a driver problem.  Some people
fix it by adjusting the Hue.  But my 0.18.x version doesn't have any
option to adjust HSV.  The database has HSV values for each channel it's
found, but altering these in the database seems to make no difference.

By rolling back to 0.20.x, maybe I'll have the options there.

Thanks for sharing your intelligence sources :-)

Tony