[clug] Issues mounting a RHEL4 nfs export.

Robert robert at apex.net.au
Thu Jan 25 00:30:09 GMT 2007

Well, it sounds like the problems at the linux end, not the solaris end.
So tweaking the mount options probably isnt the solution.

I can confirm that Ive successfully mounted a nfs filesystem from a
rhel4 box to a solaris 9 box, which should be similar enough.

Anything special about the filesystem?
What services do you have running?

I get this

chkconfig --list | grep -E 'port|nfs|rpc'
rpcgssd         0:off   1:off   2:off   3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off
nfslock         0:off   1:off   2:off   3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off
nfs             0:off   1:off   2:on    3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off
portmap         0:off   1:off   2:off   3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off
rpcidmapd       0:off   1:off   2:off   3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off

Probably not all of those are needed for nfs vers 3.

What does exportfs show.

--
Robert
If the Hunter S Thomson quote "When the going gets weird, the weird turn