[clug] Bluetooth Mouse rate adjustment

David Tulloh david at tulloh.id.au
Tue Jan 23 14:32:16 GMT 2007

Brett Worth wrote:
> Brad Hards wrote:
>
>> On Sunday 21 January 2007 17:28, Brett Worth wrote:
>>

>>> I have a new bluetooth mouse for my laptop and cant workout how to
>>> adjust the rate.
>>>
>>> The touchpad rate is fine but the mouse is too sensitive. i.e. 19mm left
>>> to right.  I have never dealt with bluetooth before so really dont have
>>> a feel for how its configured.
>>>

>> what does the input device section of your xorg.conf look like?
>>
>> Brad
>>

> Brad,
>
> Here's the touchpad and the Bluetooth sections:
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>   Driver       "synaptics"
>   Identifier   "Mouse[1]"
>   Option       "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
>   Option       "Emulate3Buttons" "on"
>   Option       "Name" "Touchpad"
>   Option       "SHMConfig" "on"
>   Option       "Vendor" "Synaptics"
>   Option       "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
> EndSection
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>   Driver       "mouse"
>   Identifier   "Mouse[3]"
>   Option       "Buttons" "5"
>   Option       "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
>   Option       "Name" "ImPS/2 Generic Wheel Mouse"
>   Option       "Protocol" "explorerps/2"
>   Option       "Vendor" "Sysp"
>   Option       "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
> EndSection
>

> Brett

I think it's a bit odd that both section's are referring to the same device.
Are both enabled in the ServerLayout section?

You could try experimenting with the Resolution option, using a
different value for each mouse:

Option      "Resolution" "500"

"man 4x mouse" will give details.  It's not supported on all devices,
I've never used it myself.

David