[clug] SuSE and the "right to life"

Pilcher, Fred Fred.Pilcher at act.gov.au
Sun Jan 14 22:57:05 GMT 2007

Hi Peter. You wrote:
> Sorry. This was posted to the wrong list.

Regardless, and for what it's worth, I've been struggling with the same issue since the announcement. My main Linux box is running SLED 10.

While my enthusiasm for SuSE as a distro is undimmed, I can't imagine that the deal is anything but bad news for Novell and, perhaps, Linux. Time will tell.

But I'm not going to cut off my nose to spite my face. I like SLED and I'll continue to use it unless and until something better comes along.

Cheers,

Fred