[clug] January CLUG Programmers' Special Interest Group meeting

Steve Walsh steve at nerdvana.org.au
Mon Jan 8 22:00:01 GMT 2007

	CLUG Programmers' Special Interest Group Meeting - 11th January 2007

Date:		11th January 2007 (Second Thursday of the month)

Time:		18:30 - 21:00 (or when it finishes)

Speaker:	Everybody!

Abstract:
		The CLUG's answer to thedailywtf.com.

		We all have those moments in our work and play where we
		look at what someone else has done and say "WTF?".
		Sometimes it's a bit of abstruse, egregious,
		sesquipedalian and pleonastic code that says in 400
		lines what should be said in 4. Sometimes it's when th
		ancient Head Programmer says "COBOL is the natural
		language to implement a finite state automata".
		Sometimes it's finding out that the bug you've been
		pursuing for three months has a comment in it saying
		"take this out before we put the code into production
		so it works correctly". We all remember these times.

		This month, everyone gets to tell us about their
		favourite WTF moments. Extra points will be given for
		the person who admits to having their code used as a WTF
		moment (by themselves or someone else). Hopefully
		everyone will come away from this nodding sagely and
		submitting patches...

Venue:		Canberra City Pancake Parlour

		Find platform 4 in the City Interchange (see map below)
		and then look for the Pancake Parlour sandwich board.
		At the bottom of the stairs, look for the PSIG sign on
		the counter and a stuffed penguin in the indicated
		direction.

		http://tinyurl.com/dyexl

Food/drink:	The Pancake Parlour has a large variety of food and
		drink available, so bring some cash and grab a bite
		to eat or drink.

If you would like to give a talk at a future meeting, please email me.