[clug] MtM - companies using foss?

Rainer Klein rklein at tpg.com.au
Thu Feb 22 01:20:35 GMT 2007

On Wednesday 21 February 2007 21:42, Daniel Black wrote:
> On Wednesday 21 February 2007 20:19, Chris Smart wrote:
> > Hey all,
> > Updating some content on makethemove.net and would like to ask if people
> > can list companies that utilise Linux and or open source. For example,
> > Google, Ebay, Yahoo, Amazon, etc. Well known companies that people will
> > recognise, and better still even used. Doesn't have to be limited to
> > Internet based, though.
>
> http://www.mysql.com/customers/

It is a great idea to lookup at official support lists from an OSS project at
their web sites.

David Uhlman - Customer Happiness Guru & CEO of  Uversa Inc.has an excellent
presentation with "Top 50 OSS Applications".  - I can send you the PDF file,
if you like.

Here is a small examples of other links from my internal archives:

  ODF Alliance:
		http://www.odfalliance.org/
		http://www.odfalliance.org/memberlist.php

  School related:
	K-12Linux Project:
		http://www.k12linux.org/
	K12 Linux  Terminal Server Project
		http://www.k12ltsp.org/

	Moodle Sites: 21303 sites from 171 countries
		http://moodle.org/sites/

  QT:
	Trolltech:
		http://www.trolltech.com/customers

  Apache:
	Apache-OFBiz User List:			 The Open For Business Project Wiki
		http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/Apache+OFBiz+User+List

And special governmental organizations with links to OSS support
groups/companies:
   Australia:
	AGIMO Open Source Software
		http://www.agimo.gov.au/infrastructure/oss

  Asia:
	Asia-PacificDevelopment Information Programme
	e-Primers on Free/Open Source Software Series
		http://eprimers.apdip.net/series/foss/titles

  European Union:
	Open Source Observatory
		http://ec.europa.eu/idabc/en/chapter/452
	Promotion of Open Document Exchange Format
		http://europa.eu.int/idabc/en/document/3428

  United Nation:
	International Open Source Network
		http://www.iosn.net/

And how about OSS projects developed by governments:

	The National Archives of Australia:

	NASA World Wind:
		http://worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/index.html

	GRASS GIS - Geographic Resources Analysis Support System
		http://grass.itc.it/

	Open Source GIS Applications
		http://gislounge.com/ll/opensource.shtml

	MapServer