[clug] lircd input device moves around

Paul mylists at wilsononline.id.au
Sun Feb 18 06:06:55 GMT 2007

 From time to time I do reboot my MythTV box (not all that often) but I find that the
input  device moves around a bit.
ie ( -d /dev/input/event3 ) (see below: etc/sysconfig/lircd)

I normally scan my dmesg output to guess the current event#

eg
input: cx88 IR (digitalnow DNTV Live!  as /class/input/input3

Any one got any solutions to script this or lock this down??

BTW I'm running FC6 and using a digitalnow DNTV Live! Pro  DVB card which the IR device is
output from.

Paul

[root at mythbox ~]# cat /etc/sysconfig/lircd
# Note: in addition to these parameters, you need to have working    -*- sh -*-
# configuration file for lircd (and lircmd if enabled).

# Options to lircd(8).  Typically, at least a remote controller driver
# ("-H foo") needs to be specified here.  Run "/usr/sbin/lircd -H help" to get
# a listing of supported drivers.
LIRCD_OPTIONS="-H dev/input -d /dev/input/event3"

# If "yes", the init script will try to start lircmd(8) too.
ENABLE_LIRCMD="no"

# Options to lircmd(8).
LIRCMD_OPTIONS=""