[clug] Drive-By Pharming Attack Could Hit Home Networks

Kim Holburn kim.holburn at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 10:10:01 GMT 2007

Steve Jenkins asked me to post this to clug.  It is of interest
because it is a non-platform specific attack.  ie it could
potentially work with a linux desktop client.

The the attack in the article relies on default passwords but I was
thinking about this and wondering how many people talk to their home
routers using their normal browser and have the password set to be
remembered in their browser.  In that case an attack like this might
not even need the default password, it could get the browser to to
the work itself.

--
Kim Holburn
IT Network & Security Consultant