[clug] Re: Linux Systems Administrator Canberra

Jim Watson jim at amarooas.com.au
Tue Feb 13 23:19:28 GMT 2007

On 14/02/2007, at 9:38 AM, Robert Edwards wrote:

> So, curious about this as you guys are the "top" IT guys in the
> country - is this way of organising a website a "Good Idea"
> (requiring a visit to the top level first in order to get a cookie
> that is required on lower-down pages)? I haven't seen that used

I vaguely remember "hyperlink" made the internet "what it is today"[TM]

But govt agencies generally dislike the idea, they prefer to have
control...

so we see things like
"now you are leaving our site - click here to continue.."
"disclaimer - you may see someething we didnt put it there..."
...and pages that cannot be linked into.

These would be considered "best practice" for govt sites so from that
perspective it is a "Good idea"

jim