[clug] Ubuntu (Gutsy) + Virtualbox + XP + Cygwin == slow shell.

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 05:31:40 GMT 2007

Hi all,

Against my better judgement I am forced to support an XP/Cygwin build
of toolbox that I maintain.  So I decided to make my life a bit easier
and use XP within Virtualbox (on a Gutsy Quad Core thing).  XP is fine
and works with reasonable speed but the shell in cygwin is somewhat
slow.

configure scripts for example take forever. (ie: one line or so per 2 seconds).

Anyone have any hints?  Bash completion etc getting in the way?

Thanks

PS: the new "Seamless" mode in Virtualbox is very nice when combined
with mouse Integration (and True-X-Mouse on XP).