[clug] german-english translation requested

Rainer Klein rklein at tpg.com.au
Mon Dec 3 06:13:26 GMT 2007

Here is a draft translation from the main Kara web site:

rkl
_______________

Kara - programming with finite automats

What is it about?

Kara is a ladybird, which lives in a simple world. He can be programmed to
handle various tasks, i.e. collecting clover sheets. Kara's programs are
finite automats, which are developed within a graphical IDE. Kara obtains an
entrance into the philosophies of programming. Two characteristics make the
entrance with Kara attractive: Finite automats are simple to understand, the
training period are minimal therefore. Besides one works at Kara in a simple
environment, without being confronted with complex development environments.
Pupils can get familiar with fundamental ideas of programming in a playfull
way. Kara is successfully used at different school levels (professional
training schools, High Schools, professional schools etc..).

Training aims with the use of Kara

 > Bases of programming:

With finite automats one of the fundamental ideas can be simply illustrated by
algorithms. A program is similar to the specification of a clearly determined
temporal operational sequence of events - analog to the direction plan in a
theatre. The processes must be able to react also to external events. In
order to guarantee a correct system performance, it needs a static
specification, which separates the correct operational sequence from the
still much larger variety of the inkorrect operational sequence. Kara
illustrates this fundamental idea by simple examples. Additionally, one can
leran concepts like boolean propositional calculus and program verification
(Pre conditions, invariants etc..).

 > Model of the finite Automanten.

Finite automats are one of the simplest computation models of computer
science. With them the behavior of many automats well-known from the everyday
life can be described. Kara illustrates the concept of finite automats.

Downloads to "Kara - programming with finite automats"