[clug] some Firefox questions

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Tue Aug 28 09:44:02 GMT 2007

Andrew Janke wrote:
>> I did say that no file types are configured, meaning that the Manage panel is
>> empty, yet .pdf files launch a viewer.
>
> Have you checked your ~/mime.types file?  Perhaps a harbinger from
> some old install of mozilla.

I do not have this file, but I do have /etc/mime.types which mentions 'pdf'
but not the associated program 'xpdf'. This file is nominated by the config
key helpers.global_mime_types_file

I can see
	~/.mozilla/firefox/4apxqcci.default/mimeTypes.rdf
which does nominate 'xpdf'. Now how do I edit this file "properly" (through
firefox)?

I edited out the corresponding sections and I now get the desired prompt.

--
Eyal Lebedinsky	(eyal at eyal.emu.id.au)