[clug] getting wireless card to work

Julian Milthorpe jules.milthorpe at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 05:58:57 GMT 2007

I installed Ubuntu 7.04 on my ibookG4, and I have had heaps of trouble
trying to get the wireless card to work.
As far as I can see it is disabled. How do I enable/activate it?

what I have printed out when I type in the command lshw is:

* - network DISABLED
product: BCM4318 [Airforce One 54g] 802.11g Wireless LAN Controller
vendor: Broadcom Corporation
physical id: 12
bus infor: pci at 10:12.0
logical name: eth1
version: 02
serial 00:11:24:c5:6f:16
width: 32bits
clock 33Mhz
capabilities: bus_master ethernet physical wireless
configuration: broadcast=yes driver=bcm43xx driverversion=2.6.20-16

This is all the information on the wireless card(I think). Has anyone had
this kind of problem before?

Julian