[clug] Looking to buy a GPS

Sakari Mattila smattila at tpg.com.au
Mon Aug 27 13:06:00 GMT 2007

There is a match-box size Nokia GPS receiver with Bluetooth
connectivity to either a hand-held Nokia 770 (Linux) or S60-3
(Symbian) phone. All this works without GSM or Internet connectivity.
The receiver has got AAA battery and runs days, but  Nokia 770
has a small battery and only runs about four hours.  The
GPS received is only a receiver, no maps there. I suppose
it sends NMEA messages over Bluetooth to what ever gadget
wants to communicate with it.  My son has got these and it
worked well in Finland and France, most likely in Australia, too.
Sorry not remembering the GPS things type number, but it
is very accurate when kept top side up and works even in a
pocket with less accuracy.

Sakari