[clug] problems with my Ubuntu

Mike Carden mike.carden at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 20:33:54 GMT 2007

On 8/23/07, Julian Milthorpe <jules.milthorpe at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. No right click- I used to be able to right click by pushing the command
> button(I have a mac g4 PPC) and clicking the mouse button as usual.

I get right click via ctrl F12, but someone who cares enough to change
it would probably use some xorg or keymapping fu to do so.

> 4. Eclipse for Ubuntu 7.04- Where can I find it!?

Like everything else in Ubuntu, it's just a:

        sudo apt-get install eclipse

away. Or you can use one of the GUI package managers, Synaptic, Adept, etc.

IIRC the eclipse packaged for Feisty is Callisto (3.2) so if you want
Europa (3.3) you'd be better off getting it from eclipse.org.

> My experience with Unix systems amounts to about nothing, so I am in the
> dark about everything here. Thus any help would be great.

May I suggest reading some dead tree or online introductory learning
stuff and making full use of Google? CLUG folks are friendly and
helpful, but they're unlikely to want to lead someone by the hand
through true fundamentals.

Since you are using Ubuntu, you might start here:

http://book.opensourceproject.org.cn/distrib/ubuntu/official/

--
MC